TAIYO KOKI at a Glance
Number of employees
(As of April 1, 2020)
Annual operating profit
Units sold per year
- The company is founded in Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture.
- Starts selling vertical grinding machines.
- Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. (present-day DMG MORI CO., LTD.) makes an equity participation in the company.
- Relocates the headquarters plant to Kumoide Industrial Park in Nagaoka and builds a new plant.
- Gets listed on JASDAQ.
- Adds a large machine assembly plant to the headquarters plant.
- Celebrates its 30th anniversary.
- Annual sales surpass the 10 billion yen mark for the first time in the company’s history.
TAIYO KOKI in a Nutshell
We are a grinding machine manufacturer based in Nagaoka City, developing technologies that serve people around the world.
Founded in Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture in 1986, TAIYO KOKI is a manufacturer specializing in grinding machines. Our main products are vertical grinding machines, of which we are a leading seller in Japan for may years.
Delivering TAIYO KOKI grinding machines to customers around the world
In addition to Japanese manufacturers, our grinding machines have been adopted by manufacturers around the world. We are therefore contributing to the growth of the global manufacturing industry.
Our long-term goal is to increase the proportion of our overseas sales to 50% by enhancing sales activities based on technology proposals, establishing overseas service structures, increasing local staff members, and actively participating in local trade shows.